Why do you need a cellular baby blanket?
A cellular blanket is a newborn must-have. Babies can’t regulate their temperature.And a cellular blanket keeps them warm in all seasons without overheating. Cotton is the ideal breathable fabric and the open cells in the blanket allow air to circulate whilst keeping baby warm.
10 Uses for your Baby Cellular Blanket
- A play mat either at home or on the go. A cotton cellular blanket is easy to wash so if the floor your child is playing on isn’t exactly spotless, that’s no problem. Just pop the blanket in the washing machine when you get home. It is a good idea to buy a couple of blankets. You can use one while the other is being washed.
- A breastfeeding shawl. The blanket is light and slightly stretchy. It will stay in place nicely if you wrap it over your shoulder while you are breastfeeding your baby. Whether you are looking for comfort or privacy, the blanket will prove lovely.
- Promote skin to skin. Many midwives and health visitors recommend skin to skin contact between baby and mummy. Skin to skin helps parents bond with the baby, it helps baby regulate his body temperature. It can also encourage breastfeeding and help baby settle more easily. If you’re worried about baby getting cold, wrap the blanket over you two (making sure his face isn’t covered).
- A swaddling blanket. Swaddling is back “in fashion”. Swaddling is proven to reduce crying for some babies. It probably reminds them of the tight space in the womb. It gives a sense of comfort and familiarity. The special knit of a cotton cellular blanket is ideal for swaddling. The natural properties of cotton will help regulate the baby’s body temperature.
- A pic nic blanket for baby. When you’re out and about and having a picnic in a park, pop the blanket on the grass. Your child will love the scent of his familiar blanket. It will protect him from the cold too.
- A protection from the sun on the buggy. You can also pop the blanket over the buggy’s hood to protect your baby from the sun. I don’t know if your buggy sun protection is anything like ours but it kept slipping, the blanket stayed in place!
- A super hero cape for a toddler. When tiny baby grows into busy toddler, don’t just pack the cellular blanket away. It is great to play with and will turn into many costumes.
- A blanket for dolly (or teddy or Mr. Dinosaur)
- A curtain for a make shift playhouse
- and 10… what do you suggest for 10? How will you use your cellular blanket? Let us know